SCPA Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr. Terminal (HLT)
The South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) is developing the new Hugh K. Leatherman Sr. Terminal (HLT) project which consists of a new state-of-the-art three-berth container terminal with approximately 286 acres of upland development and 3,510 linear feet of wharf in North Charleston, SC. The SCPA has completed preliminary demolition and site preparation on the new terminal, which at build-out will increase Port capacity by 50%. This new container terminal is situated approximately 4 miles north of downtown Charleston on what was once the Charleston Naval Complex. Super-Post Panamax Cargo Ship traffic will have direct access to the terminal from the Atlantic Ocean via the Cooper River shipping channel.
LOC has built a long-term lasting relationship with the South Carolina Ports Authority based on providing quality multi-discipline engineering services on numerous similar projects over the past 10+ years. LOC worked with a team of specialized engineering and design firms to develop the concept/configuration/phasing/flow/design of the newest addition to the SCPA’s portfolio of marine terminals. HLT will be the flagship marine port for the SCPA, integrating state-of-the-art operational and security systems and equipment.
- 280-acre State-of-the-Art Marine Container Terminal
- Terminal will Increase Port Authority Container Capacity by 50%
- Entry Control Points / Guard Building / Canopies
- Security Inspection/Screening Facility
- Optical Character Recognition Portals
- Operations Interchange Facility
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Cross-Dock Inspection Facility
- Primary/Secondary Radiation Portal Monitors
- Administration/Operations Building
- Maintenance/Repair Facility
- Refrigerated Container Wash Rack
|Owner:||South Carolina Port Authority
Piping and Plumbing Design